St. Priscilla Parish has formed an Evangelization Commission. This charter document defines how the Commission
will operate. The vision of the Commission is to encourage our parishioners and all people we come in contact
with to know and love Jesus and his teachings through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The goal of the
Commission is to assess what the Parish needs to become a more welcoming and spiritual community that encourages
current parishioners and new members to full participation in the sacramental life of the Church and of the
community and to prepare a plan to meet those needs.
The Evangelization Commission will operate according
to the following values. Rooted in prayer they will:
- Respect one another.
- Listen and empathize.
- Be open minded.
- Seek to accept ideas that may be contrary to their own.
Much of the work of evangelization will be done through existing commissions and committees.
The Archdiocesan Evangelization Team is available to act as a resource. The AOD needs assessment
tool will be used to assess the needs of our parish. We will also seek the experience of other
parishes in their evangelization efforts.
The Commission operating guidelines will include one hour meetings held at least once per month on
the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM. Decisions will be made based upon consensus with input
from all Commission members. An agenda will be prepared by the Chairperson and distributed one week
in advance of each meeting. Meetings will open and close with prayer. The summary from the previous
meeting will be briefly reviewed. Any disagreements within the group will be discussed during
meetings,not outside of regular meetings.
The Commission meetings will be conducted
according to the following ground rules:
- All team members will share the workload.
- Everyone will come prepared reviewing any materials distributed in advance.
- Everyone will be open to new ideas.
- Members will be respectful of others as they communicate and share, asking for
clarification when necessary.
- Members will follow through and
complete all work they commit to.
- If a member cannot attend one of the scheduled meetings,
they will notify the Chairperson in advance, otherwise the Chairperson
will call the
individual after the meeting.
- The Commission will evaluate programs
once they are completed.
- The Commission will evaluate current practices, assess
whether the parish is ready for new programs, and keep track of ideas
that may be
implemented in the future.
- Members will pray individually daily for the work of the Evangelization Commission.
- Members will remain positive,
enthusiastic and have fun.
The following are roles and responsibilities that will be carried our within the Commission.
We will consider changing role each September. An individual cannot
serve the same role for more than 2 years in a row:
- The Chairperson will conduct the meeting to keep the group on task and facilitate everyone’s participation.
They will set the agenda; times assigned to each item and distribute the agenda and other background materials
one week in advance of each meeting. Members will submit agenda items to the Chairperson.
- The Scribe will prepare meetings summaries and documents as needed. The meeting summaries will include attendance,
decisions made, actions that need to be taken, who will take the action, and by when.
- The Process Observer will give a 5 minute observation of the process during the meeting.
- The Timekeeper will make sure the meetings start and end on time and that we conform to the time frames set.
If more time is needed, we will decide to either extend the time or delay until the next meeting.