The Evangelization Commission will operate according to the following values. Rooted in prayer they will:
- Respect one another.
- Listen and empathize.
- Be open minded.
- Seek to accept ideas that may be contrary to their own.
The Commission operating guidelines will include one hour meetings held at least once per month on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM. Decisions will be made based upon consensus with input from all Commission members. An agenda will be prepared by the Chairperson and distributed one week in advance of each meeting. Meetings will open and close with prayer. The summary from the previous meeting will be briefly reviewed. Any disagreements within the group will be discussed during meetings,not outside of regular meetings.
The Commission meetings will be conducted according to the following ground rules:
- All team members will share the workload.
- Everyone will come prepared reviewing any materials distributed in advance.
- Everyone will be open to new ideas.
- Members will be respectful of others as they communicate and share, asking for clarification when necessary.
- Members will follow through and complete all work they commit to.
- If a member cannot attend one of the scheduled meetings, they will notify the Chairperson in advance, otherwise the Chairperson will call the individual after the meeting.
- The Commission will evaluate programs once they are completed.
- The Commission will evaluate current practices, assess whether the parish is ready for new programs, and keep track of ideas that may be implemented in the future.
- Members will pray individually daily for the work of the Evangelization Commission.
- Members will remain positive, enthusiastic and have fun.
- The Chairperson will conduct the meeting to keep the group on task and facilitate everyone’s participation. They will set the agenda; times assigned to each item and distribute the agenda and other background materials one week in advance of each meeting. Members will submit agenda items to the Chairperson.
- The Scribe will prepare meetings summaries and documents as needed. The meeting summaries will include attendance, decisions made, actions that need to be taken, who will take the action, and by when.
- The Process Observer will give a 5 minute observation of the process during the meeting.
- The Timekeeper will make sure the meetings start and end on time and that we conform to the time frames set. If more time is needed, we will decide to either extend the time or delay until the next meeting.