St Priscilla Parish formed an Evangelization Commission in the spring of 2009. The Commission
prepared a Charter Document, which outlines how the Commission will function. The Commission
will continue to function according to these guidelines. The Commission has decided to focus
upon promoting the Catholic Church and out Parish by promoting activities and events currently
going on in the Parish. The Commission will work through the existing Parish Pastoral Council,
Commissions, Committees and other groups. The Evangelization Commission is not an advisory group;
it is a working group within the Parish. The Commission will focus upon what they can do as
a group to
promote activities and events.
The following points will be used as a framework for the Evangelization Commission in planning their future activities:
- Current efforts to publicize activities and events at the Parish are focused upon
parishioners who are currently active in the Parish. These include Mass announcements,
bulletin articles and posters and fliers at the church or parish offices. The Commission
may assist in these efforts but they will not duplicate them.
- The Parish as a general policy does not use bulletin inserts, pass out flyers at the door or place flyers on cars
in the parking lot. All of these duplicate current efforts.
- The Commission will focus their efforts to publicize activities and events to registered parish members who
are currently inactive and people residing within our Parish boundaries.
- While members of surrounding Catholic parish communities will not be excluded from our activities and events,
they will not be a target audience for the Commission’s efforts to publicize them.
- The Commission will expand their membership to include 10 to 12 members.
- The Commission will be a working group in the Parish and they will also recruit volunteers to participate
in the work of the Commission.
- The Commission will increase participation in the Parish by helping to recruit volunteers for existing groups.
- The Commission will work with the group in the Parish who is sponsoring or responsible for the event or
activity in identifying the target audience for promotion and publicity.
- The Commission will work with the group in the Parish sponsoring or responsible for the event or activity
in identifying how people will be welcomed or evangelized at the event or activity.
- The Commission will work with the R.C.I.A. team in identifying and inviting people who are interested in
becoming Catholic or completing the Sacraments of Initiation.
- The Commission will assist in preparing and distributing information regarding the Catholic Faith.
Personal invitation, personal contact, and personal faith sharing are overarching principles for all Commission activities.